By Dennis Fisher,Richard Needle
- the use of goal-oriented counseling and peer aid to minimize HIV/AIDS risk
- quantitative and qualitative tips on how to investigate behavioral switch between injection drug clients (IDUs)
- the significance of sampling from hidden populations in research
- a public well-being version for lowering AIDS-related chance habit between IDUs and their sexual partners
- characteristics of woman sexual companions of IDUs
- strategies used to enforce random sampling thoughts within the recruitment of out-of-treatment crack and IDUs
- ethnographic research of intravenous drug use
- analysis of touch tracing ideas hired to strive against the AIDS epidemic
- the use of pile kinds to reinforce different instruments utilized by drug prevention programsAIDS and Community-Based Drug Intervention courses is stuffed with present study and valuable info for pros drawn to studying approximately thoughts for undertaking HIV/AIDS study between hard-to-reach populations. Substance abuse researchers, therapy execs, and folks desirous about AIDS prevention courses, country and county wellbeing and fitness departments, and felony justice structures will locate a lot proper and significant info to exploit of their day-by-day work.
Read or Download AIDS and Community-Based Drug Intervention Programs: Evaluation and Outreach PDF
Best medical diseases books
Thirty years after AIDS was once first well-known, the yank South constitutes the epicenter of the U.S.' epidemic. Southern states declare the top charges of latest infections, the main AIDS-related deaths, and the most important variety of adults and youngsters dwelling with the virus. in addition, the epidemic disproportionately impacts African American groups around the quarter.
This is often the 1st complete, authoritative, and easy-to-understand creation to fashionable epigenetics. Authored through lively researchers within the box, it introduces key ideas one step at a time, allowing scholars in any respect degrees to profit from it. The authors start via providing a historic evaluate that areas epigenetics in context, and makes it transparent that the sphere isn't (as a few presume) thoroughly new.
Contemporary many years have witnessed an ever-increasing diversity and quantity of electronic facts. All parts of the pillars of science--whether commentary, scan, or concept and modeling--are being remodeled through the continual cycle of iteration, dissemination, and use of genuine details. this is often much more so when it comes to the re-using and re-purposing of electronic clinical info past the unique purpose of the information creditors, frequently with dramatic effects.
What the overall Practitioner should learn about Human Actinomycosis specializes in infectious bacterial ailments attributable to actinomyces species. This ebook discusses the tissue response to the actinomyces; microscopical visual appeal of the lesions; medical pathology of actinomycosis; and cervico-facial actinomycosis.
Additional resources for AIDS and Community-Based Drug Intervention Programs: Evaluation and Outreach
AIDS and Community-Based Drug Intervention Programs: Evaluation and Outreach by Dennis Fisher,Richard Needle